Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Yusuf Buratai has said that the Army was ready to cooperate with other security agencies to end the killings attributed to bandits in Birnin Gwari, in Kaduna state.
Speaking to State House correspondents after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari Thursday, he said the army set up a battalion in the area due to the security concern in the area.
He said: “We will continue to cooperate along with other security agencies that are charged with the responsibility of securing our country and the deployment of a unit it is quite strategic, it is in line with the Nigerian Army order of battle that was approved in 2016.
ALSO READ: Troops kill 4 Boko Haram insurgents, neutralise 4 suicide bombers
“We have to implement all of them to achieve the strategic objective of the government. This is essentially why we have to put the battalion there and to work with other security agencies.”
On the effort to tackle the Boko Haram menace in the northeast, the chief of Army staff assured that the ongoing Operation Last Hold by troops will further consolidate the army’s achievements in the area.
He was confident that the operation will lead to an eventual return of the Internally Displaced Person (IDPs) to their various communities.
The army boss added: “It has gone very successful, it’s progressing very well and be rest assured that the operation “Last Hold” will further consolidate on our achievements so far but we hope the internally displaced persons from that community will go back to their communities and pick up their lives again.
“I think that is the aim of this our operation “Last Hold,” it is a consolidation of the overall successes that we have achieved in the North East.”
The post Birnin Gwari killings: Army ready to work with other security agencies ―Buratai appeared first on Tribune.